12/16/2010

glass houses

Battenfelds

Headed up to Battenfelds on Tuesday with Nea and my mom to cut a Christmas tree and tour the anemone greenhouses. They have 8 huge warm and humid houses of anemones. These are the same flowers we buy wholesale in the NYC market - Battenfelds is the leading grower of anemones in the world. And now they've started around 1000 sq. feet of ranunculas. I was so excited and happy to be there, at one point I realized that I was saying "I love you! I love you!" out loud to the flowers.

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

Battenfelds

3 comments:

  1. I used them to get tons of anemones for my sister's wedding and they were SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shame in talking to flowers, especially when they are wearing cute little skirts!

    ReplyDelete