10/15/2009


This arrangement made with amnesia roses, allium, persimmon, wild thyme and begonia leaves. Another example of the alternative autumnal palette...inspired by these lovely lavender echeveria. We're in the final stages of prepping for Sunday. Need to hang some lights, prep a few more flowers, do a little staging, and then of course select my outfit...

We're also starting to plan the December class - Wild Winter Workshop of Wonder?... Wrestling with Withering Winds; Wanting Whispy Winter Wonderment and Wild Wreaths of Willow? Suggestions? It would nice to hear what you would be excited about...

-SR

3 comments:

  1. I'm not able to participate in your amazing class because I live in another state BUT...I would think it would be fun to learn about how to create winter arrangements that avoid the color red. Red is so overused in winter/holiday arrangements. Just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be really fun to explore alternative color arrangements such as fuschia or blues which would be a nice change for the holidays.

    Or, it would be interesting to explore the emotions of winter without really getting into the holidays. Something like wistfulness, snuggling down, I am not sure, I will think about it :)

    Cheers,
    Megan

    P.S. I am doing a new column where I ask readers to submit a link related to a theme and I'll design flowers around one of them. check it out :) letterpaperflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested in taking a Flower School class! I hope I can make it to the one in December. "Wanting Whispy Winter Wonderment" sounds so exciting!!! =)

    ReplyDelete